Saturday, August 25, 2012

Inspired by Sweethaven Homecoming

I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the Sweethaven Series. It has not yet arrived at the Christian bookstore where I work and I hope it won't be too long before we get it.

Courtney Walsh issued a challenge to create a project inspired by the Sweethaven books. I chose to do a mixed media canvas. We have a cottage on a small lake in Northern Michigan and there is nothing more peaceful than just resting, relaxing, regrouping by the water.

I used tissue paper on the canvas to give it dimension and also used joint tape and spackle to create the setting sun. I painted with acrylic and water colors and also added some rubons, and stamping.

Here are a couple of close ups






















The quote from john Conrad reads" The true peace of God begins at any point a thousand miles from the nearest land. When I sit at the lake, I can look past the boats and jet skis and find this peace.

4 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful and I love the texture and colors. Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvas and I completely agree with the quote. I LOVE being out by the water. Beautiful project! The texture is just wonderful.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for the Scraptastic Club Birthday Hop! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely canvas Jean!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, your canvas art is quite lovely! I think you really captured the meaning of this challenge. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)