Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Playing with Paint

I like to paint but sometimes I just try too hard. Then I get frustrated and upset with myself. I decided to play in my art journal. I wanted bold and simple. I did not think but just painted. I made these tulips which I then outlined using a sharpie. I wanted the lines to be rough not my usual ruler style. I also wanted to practice large, loose writing so I added words to the flower stems.

In the end, I was quite pleased!

 I wanted to make a spring canvas but again was struggling with trying to draw daffodils. I think they are one of the most difficult things to get right. So I found a design I liked and printed it on tissue paper. I modge podged that on and proceeded to paint. By covering the edges of the tissue paper with the background paper, it totally blends in.

I enjoy the painting process so much when I stress less. How about you? Do you struggle? I hope i have shown you a couple of ideas which can help!!

Paints used - Americana turquoise, Mustard Seed, Bright Orange, Royal Purple, True Red.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! Gorgeous paintings and congrats on being published!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)