Saturday, August 12, 2017

Out of my Comfort Zone

This mixed media piece really had me thinking and took me right out of my comfort zone.





I am participating in a Facebook challenge at AALL $& CREATES. The first challenge is Europe.  I saw this great quote "Visit Europe to see the living past"  and was taken back to our tour of Italy two years ago. All I could think as I looked at the important buildings, ruins, gardens was of the people who lived here - the great philosophers, the writers, the artists and more. They stood where we did. They looked out at the country side like we did.  The depth of their history is hit me like a ton of bricks. America is so young in comparison.

I knew my focal point would be the Architextures Treasurers Weathered Lady Statue from Canvas Corp Brands
Treasures - Weathered Lady Statue
This was the exact feel I wanted.

I collaged pages from a book of Shakespeare's plays. To this I added layers of washi tape, texture paste, stenciling, mist and more. At one point I washed it off and started over.  I have learned to step back, take a breath and keep at it. I finally had a composition I liked so finished it up.






Challenge 1 - Europe


Image may contain: text


Sharing this with Paint Party Friday!



 Supplies used include  7 Gypsies Wanderlust Paper, Simply Sheer Vintage Blue, Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather - CanvasCorpBrands

My thanks to each of you for inspiring me!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us that macro view also, very interesting collage. happy you dropped in at my blog this week

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it came out great! I don't do a lot of mixed media, and I find it really difficult! Happy PPF (I'm catching up a bit late).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite in love with the shading in this piece. It makes one feel old world which I'm sure that's what you were stretching for. Gorgeous, makes me want to go to Europe! Visitng from PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to mention, thank you so much for visiting my blog, Your comment on having cancer twice and making it through is incredibly comforting for me in the middle of it. I truly appreciate you sharing, it means a lot, more than you know so thank you. And of course, thanks for the compliments on my Doodlewash article, it was such fun to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delish art piece and the story around is gorgeous too! ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)