Saturday, May 19, 2012

Relay for Life



For those who may not know, I have had breast cancer twice - in 1994 and again in 1997. This weekend was Relay for Life in our town. It is supported whole heartedly  by everyone. Mike and I stopped by last night and I was there this morning for the survivor lap. Years ago I met a woman from church at the walk. We did not really know each other but walked together. Now we look for each other - knowing we will walk and hold hands.  We don't see each other any time but at Relay. Truth be told, she is an amazingly fun lady and I hope that maybe during this summer we can see her outside of Relay. She makes me laugh and cry!  Here are a few other photos. Last night the track was so crowded you could barely walk!

1 comment:

  1. Race for Life is a great event...great pics!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)